In the past months, Google has been preoccupied with updating its Google Maps feature and in introducing the latest feature of Speedometer in it. First, the speed limit indicators have been installed and then the speed camera alerts. While using the Google Maps application, this latest Speedometer feature will automatically show up.
Although the cars already have the speedometer feature, this feature is being introduced so that one does not need to get confused between the dashboard speedometer and the Google Maps application, as the Google experts understand that the driver constantly checks the Google Maps application and the focus on the road can be maintained.
Since this is a recent introduction in the Google Maps application, one needs to check in their Map apps settings if they already have it or not. If not, the users need to wait a little more before they can utilize this feature to their advantage and convenience.
Following are the steps that one needs to follow to turn on this latest feature:
- Open the Google Maps application on your phone.
- Scroll down to the bottom of your phone`s screen after tapping on the three stacked lines.
- After that select, the Settings feature of the Maps application.
- Then, tap on the Navigation Settings.
- Open the Driving Options menu which you can find by scrolling down your phone and slide on the Speedometer toggle.
If after carrying out the following steps, you still are not able to view this option, then you need to be patient as it is still not available on your phone.